1.20.2011

missing: MOJO. If seen, please return!

I wouldn't say that my motivation (Mojo, if you will) is at an all time low right now, but i certainly am feeling a bit sluggish and unmotivated.  I need to get my head back into all of this training again.  I feel as though i've traveled many peaks and valleys this last 8 1/2 weeks and apparently right now its the valley for me.  I don't know how to get out of this 'funk' I'm in.  I need my mojo back!

Exhibit A:  Today was a cross training day so my plan was to do 45-60 mins on the elliptical and then a variety of lifting/toning exercises.  All of this to be completed after swimming was over. 
Well, swimming was over around 6pm and i again, like Tuesday, convinced myself that i did not want to do a workout that late and that it was definitely dinner time instead!   ugh how do i do this to myself?!?  On my 25 min drive home i had quite the debate in my head.  I rationalized that Thursday is always my rest day.  Its a good rest day.  Gives your body time to get ready for the weekend workouts.  Friday is cross training again, Saturday is the long run day (14 mi coming my way this weekend!) and then Sunday cross training just to loosen my muscles up from the day before.  So really, Thursday is the best rest day there is!  And THIS alas is what i have been able to convince myself of--sad i know!

Tomorrow will be a good workout.  Tomorrow will be a good workout.  Tomorrow will be a good workout!
I figured i'd try that and hope it sinks in for tomorrow :-)


Also, i wanted to thank everyone for following me and for reading my blog.  I appreciate all the support and comments you have been giving.  Keep it up and if you know anyone that would enjoy reading send the blog there way!  theroadtodc.blogspot.com
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment