3.23.2011

i'm ready...aren't i?!?!

So this week was our last IW's sprint work out!  I did it on Monday instead of yesterday because i was off from the gym yesterday (Date with Study Buddy ERIN!!).
On Monday, after school, i got dressed and headed to the gym.  I got there and my usual  treadmill was being used, so i had to use a back up.  I blame the rest of this story on that!  So i stretched my calves and hammies, and got all ready to run.  Found a good show on TV (well as good as i could find) and hyped myself up for a 6x400m, 400m RI workout.  I was warming up for 10 mins at my usual warm up pace, and just felt a little sluggish and slow.  My warm up felt like a work out--that was a red flag!  I had cramps in my ribs and i was really pushing myself.  It was probably my treadmill :-( After my mile warm up, i started my sprints.  I did the first 400 sprint at 7.5 on the treadmill--i was seriously struggling.  Umm--hello body!  Its the week of the marathon--this is not a good sign!  I was so excited to be done with the first, and only had 5 more to go!  I did manage to get the next 2 in at 7.5 as well on the tread, while my rest intervals were at 5.5.  After the first 3 were done, i was seriously thinking to myself What the HECK was wrong with me!?  It was probably my treadmill :-( So the next interval i did at 7.3 because i was just really needing a break.  I did my rest at 5.3.  I did finish up the IW's at a 7.5 for the last 2, but i didn't enjoy it.
This work out begs the question--What is going on?!?!  I really feel like i couldn't be more ready for this race.  We worked hard, did all our runs and long runs, and then this measly little last chance IW work out knocks me down 5 levels :-( It was NOT good for my mental state.  I have been fighting nerves off this whole week.  I can't believe its here already.  I have one tempo run standing between me and a marathon.  HOLY COW!  I just can't wait until Saturday.... to be over.  No, not really, i just hate waiting and anticipating.  I just want to be there and going!

WEATHER UPDATE!!! 
I have been stalking the 10 day forecast.  We started out sunny and high 56.  Then dropped at 54.  Then 50 and rain.  Then 47 still rain.  43 still rain!  Lastly 41 and Cloudy.  The most recent update i just got today (wednesday 2:34pm) is that the high is 44 and mostly cloudy.  I guess thats better than earlier but umm.. BRRRR a bit chilly.  I will keep checking!

Today is just a light cross train workout and then soccer (lightlyyyyy) later tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment