2.10.2011

9 miles on a treadmill---who does that?!

Again i confess, yesterday after school, instead of going to the gym, i took the afternoon off and went to get new running sneaks!  Yaaaay!  My shins loved me for it and were all to excited to say goodbye to the old ones that were beyond ready to be swapped!  I actually got the same brand (saucony) that i had before, which was only the first time i wore them, but i got less of a stability shoe and more of a neutral shoe.  If you have never been to a running speciality store to get your work out sneakers--i would HIGHLY recommend!!  Best experience and also they will tell you the exact shoe you need for your running type/stride.  Years ago when i made the switch from picking out shoes at the sports store based on color, to going to a Running store and getting 'fitted' for the proper shoes, i really noticed a positive difference!

I did play soccer last night which i will consider my cross train for the day.  That way i feel at least i got some type of workout in!  I still got sweaty and ran around--it counts!

Today was a 9 mile tempo run---yuck!  I rushed to the gym after a math dept meeting and got on the treadmill around 315.  I did my usual walk for 2:30, 4.5 jog for 2:30, 5.0 for 2:30, 5.5 for 2:30.  I kicked it up to 6.0 because i still felt like i needed a bit more warming up.  After a bit i went up to 6.2 and just cruised along there for a while.  Probably should have been running faster than a 9:40 mile, but ask me if i care?!  I was running on a different treadmill that i found has marathon mode, which was a god sent because Thunder Foot was at the gym today in all her stomping sweaty butt glory, and i did NOT have to listen to her today.  I did get my own form of punishment today however because at 4.31 mile 44:24 into my run, i hit the emergency stop button and the whole tread stopped :-( ugh!!  So i made a mental note of where i was and started the treadmill back up to finish my 4.69 miles.  Not long after i restarted it was GU time.  I forgot my new Chocolate Flavored GU in the car, so i just went with the lemon sublime which was in my water bottle.  Its not the flavors that even bother me, its the consistency of GU.  Ewww!  So i took that about 5 miles into the run and only had 4 more to go!  I felt okay during the run but Elvis did not!!  I was happy that the back 4.5 was a bit faster than the out 4.5 because i felt like i got done faster.  I did 4.69 miles in 45 mins flat.  So that's a little bit faster.  The last two miles i was upping the tread 6.3, 6.4, 6.5, 6.6 for each half mile.  9 miles on the treadmill is a loooong time, so at 6.5 i felt like i was all out running hard, even though i really knew i wasn't.  Whatev, i got the run in and felt pretty good.  I did happen to showcase one of my dirty/gross running habits, but i think only about 3-5 people saw me, so that's not too many, although i got some interesting looks from them as it was!  And the new shoes felt great on the 9 mile run.  However i did get a blister on the tip of my toe.  I just hope they stretch, or whatever it is that shoes do so that this does not get worse.  Blisters suck!
As soon as i finished the 9-er it was right down to change and go to work swim.  I def downed two Alieve while working because i knew that i was going to be feeling the effects of the tread run.  Also, i have soccer tonight at 1030.  I will be playing.  No fun, but will be playing.  Tomorrow is a xtrain day and then date with my ErinBear :-)  I miss her! 

This weekend, 13 with my four-some, minus Moe.  Hope she enjoys disney and gets her run in down there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment