2.13.2011

This right here is THE SECRET TO LIFE!!!

Well, its time to update about yesterdays long run.  I had snap (Saturday detention) so we met at 1230 after i got out.  Now, we all checked the weather and were excited that it said 41 degrees and partly sunny for Saturday.  Umm.. no!  When i got to the boardwalk it was so windy and cloudy and a bit chilly!!  Probably felt like 28-30 with the windchill.  Man i can't wait for spring!  It was a good thing we all dressed mostly warm enough and brought hats and gloves etc.
We started at the fishing club and went north to the end of Bradley beach in order to add some mileage rather than have to run on any highways into Manasquan.  Soooo once to the end of Bradley we turned around south and went all the way to the Army Camp in Sea Girt.  Its pretty easy to tell actually if you look at my Nike+ Post (Kelley's Nike Runs) how windy it was and how long we ran into the wind lol.  In the run towards Sea Girt we came across---SNAAAAAACK TIIIIIIIME!!  That's my favorite part of the run.  I had some Gummy/Chewy Fruit snacks on this run.  "Gummy Snacks, Gummy Snacks, it's time to eat our Gummy Snacks!!"  They were really yummy!  With options like this available i can't imagine why ANYONE wants to actually use GU--bleck!  Once we got to the Army Camp, we turned around and came back to the fishing club....sorta :-/ ..... Around 6 miles Elvis started to hurt a bit, which then starts a whole domino effect of other lower abdominal issues.  At mile 10 we had our next snack, which i tried a new type of GU made by Powerade, it was muuuch thinner and a bit easier to get down.  However, it tasted EXACTLY like Stoli O vodka.  Ehhh, prolly not the best tasting thing to be consuming during the run.  I fought to get it down, all the while thinking how delicious my Gummy Snacks were earlier and my Jelly Beans were last week.  I think i will have to stick with those!!  After i got that down, i was still feeling very uncomfortable in the GI area.  We had to have a little "pit" stop along the way because i was having the typical Kelley issues. I will say that after our "pit" stop at a very top secret and undisclosed establishment that i felt MUUUUCH better.  We flew the last two miles back to the cars and i felt awesome!  Happy to be done of course cause Done is my favorite, but felt great the last two miles!  It also helped at the turn around how the wind was at our back for some of the run--really pushed me right to the car :-)

It was really great running with Mike and Danny who were both really encouraging and thoughtful.  Kept asking how i was doing, how Elvis was doing, and were really nice about the fact i had to stop.  I have a great running crew :-)  "Goonies never say die" or "All for one and one for all" or well... you know what i mean, something like that!  Haha!  I was grabbing for a quote about our togetherness while running...not so successful!

In comparing this weeks 13, to last weeks 16, I've come up with a few theories.  Last week, when i felt so amazingly great during the 16, i realized, we did that run on Sunday.  I was able to use the facilities before the run, and i had a much better bfast before that run.  This week, before the 13, i had to work for 4 hours, only had access to a mediocre breakfast, and couldn't convince my body to "do the deed" before the run.  Next week we have 18 and are doing in on Sunday.  I'm already having a talk with my body to channel the feelings of the 16-er that i did so that i have a good experience out there with my posse.  

Today i am just going to do a medium Cross Train activity.  After yesterdays long run, i am surprised at how great i feel today!  Enter: The secret to life!  I'm sure you are all soooo curious and really waiting to find out what it is.  Keep in mind my family is full of nurses--namely my sister who pretty much knows everything!  Two weeks ago, before the 14 miler, she revealed that she took a few (3 or 4) Advil before her run.  So Danny decided to do it too before he ran 14.  I didn't have any so i just went without.  Now we all read my post after the 14 at how great Moe and Danny did during this run and how i was about to call my mom to pick me up in spring lake lol.  Soooo, the next week i took 3 Advil before the 16 mile run and felt pretty darn good doing it.  Also, i took it yesterday before the 13 and still my body felt really good about it.  It helps with soreness and fatigue during my run, and also after my run.  I think its awesome and i feel awesome--hence the secret to life!  For all you runners out that that suffer from sore knee caps and sore muscles during and/or after your run, and are not opposed to taking any type of pain management, i would HIGHLY suggest you try this secret out--its amazing!


ps for those that have asked me about getting notified of new posts--i believe there is a "Subscribe by email" below somewhere next to the comments section that you can click to subscribe!

No comments:

Post a Comment