2.23.2011

i'm just all over the place today!

Soooo after 18 miles i decided i deserved a rest---so i rested :-)
Monday was a non-workout rest day.  I did clean the heck outta my house--trust me, i worked out!

Tuesday was IW's.  Who doesn't love sprints?!
This was day #1 with my new headphones.  Erin is the bestestttt!!!  She obvi read and agreed that sweat should only be for boys!  Erin got me pink skull candy headphones with squishy rubbery tips that fit into your ears.  I used to have them from Apple but i broke them in the car door--talented i know!  They are really great because they seem to be noise cancelling.  Thunder Foot climbed up on the treadmill a few over from me, and i laughed.  Stomp as you will--i can't hear you!!!  So i climbed up on my OTHER treadmill, set it for "marathon mode" and i ran.  After about 10 mins (.80mile) of warm up, it was time to start the sprints.  I did 10 x 400 meters with 400m Rest in btwn each.  As i ran in my true "sprinting" fashion, i of course started my usual indoor sweat.  Except--with my new 'phones, nooooo sweat in my ear holes!  Yay the world won't be ending--and i have no excuse to take a break from running to adjust/wipe off my headphones any longer!  Ehh, pro's and con's i suppose! 
I did feel pretty good about these sprints though.  I did 7 of them at 8 min/miles and then 2 at 745 min/miles and then the last one at 8.0/8.1 on the tread, whatever that is!  But surprisingly after the 18, i was feeling quite together and no injured.  The IW's were good. 
Funny, Kelley is a space cadet, story however.  After we ran the 18, i uploaded my run at Nike+ and was so proud of my mileage.  They divide up into levels, so each time you reach a new one, someone comes on the screen and talks.  Literally thats all you get, but i look forward to it.  So i was on orange for miles 31-154.  I uploaded 18 miles from sun and it brought me to 153.29 TOTAL miles for the life of my band.  I couldn't wait to run the IW's and log those miles to get out of orange and into green.  Guess i couldn't have been too excited--i forgot to turn it on and log the 6.3 miles i did on IW's booooo :-(  I'm special!

Wednesday (today) was a cross train.  I pulled into the parking lot of the gym, and was so ready to just pull right back out and go home.  I have reaaaaally been dragging.  Thankfully, my running buddies are in the same boat, so i don't feel like i'm being a total slacker.  Its strange how you don't really realize how much training takes out of you, but its the only thing i can figure.  I mean i get a full 7 or almost 7 hours of sleep at night, so it can't just be that.  But anyway, i did get out of the car and did the elliptical for 50-ish minutes.  I figured no matter what level i did it on, it was still more active than the couch!  Again no lifting today--i've gotten soooo lazy in that dept.  I used to have muscles--key phrase, used to!  :-(

Tomorrow we have a 1easy/5tempo run.  6 miles--ha i do that in my sleep!  Oh geez i need help!

No comments:

Post a Comment