2.25.2011

Did i really just say "That was easy!"???

so here's the thing.  I recognize that we are training for a marathon.  We have been for almost 14 full weeks now.  And so i should be able to run a shorter distance such as 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, even 7 miles without any problem.  However, this hasn't been the case.  I have felt that no matter what distance I'm doing, i always feel like its hard, and i want to stop, rest, take a break, skip it, etc.
So yesterday, i had work, and then the dentist at 3pm.  (Teeth are perfect according to him btw :-D)  After that i went right to the gym.  Since i was in Belmar already, i decided to go to Wall WOW instead of going all the way back to Ocean.  Now, at Ocean, I've already discussed "MY" treadmills and my usual routine.  I've only been to Wall gym one other time.  I was really going out on a limb with this one!  I got there, and i didn't really know what treadmills were where and which to use.  I looked around and saw the same type/brand of treads i use at Ocean, so i thought I'd give it a whirl.  Upon further inspection i decided those treads were prettttty nice!  They have a wide screen HD TV (unlike Ocean) attached to each one.  The controls for the TV are easy to press buttons (unlike Ocean).  They all were working (unlike Ocean).  Already i was getting a bit more excited.  As i was doing my one mile warm-up, i was looking for something good to watch on TV.  I usually run with my iPod but i thought while i warmed up I'd get some TV in.  I came across "E! Investigates--Rich Kids Who Kill" and thought--hmm... perfect!  Once my warm up was over i kept the TV going and i upped the treadmill to 6.3 (9:30 min/mile--keep laughs to yourself please!) Here, i trotted along for a few miles.  Early on i kinda thought to myself how this felt easier than normal.  By 2-3 miles in, I'm certainly usually complaining in my head!  When i got to the 4th mile of the tempo i upped the tread to 6.4, a 9:22 min/mile.  Went along with that and still felt okay, so for the last mile i upped the treadmill 6.5, 6.6, 6.7, 6.8 every quarter of a mile.  When i got done, i actually still thought to myself that i could have kept going!  It was like i was running downhill the whole way!  Whaaaat!! Who am i am and what happened to my former self!?!?
I have now found a new love--running on the treadmills in Wall.  I don't know if its because they are new and haven't been beaten up yet, or if the manfacturer has just made a better product, but i'm officially hooked!  Add in the fact that i was wearing my NEW headphones that stick in my ears and i was all set. 
No sweat in my ear holes, noise cancelling so i can't hear myself or anyone else for that matter, a treadmill that runs downhill seemingly, and best of all--NO THUNDER FOOT!!!  Ohhh life was good yesterday afternoon!

So today is a cross train day and i will be doing the usual stairs/ellipty combo.  i always do the same thing, but i do like it, so it works out.  Then this weekend we have a 10 miler.  Not sure what day yet but i better go get some Gummy Snacks or Magic Beans before hand!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment