2.27.2011

its about the .2 ya know!

Soooo saturday we long ran.  The four of us met at the belmar fishing club at 12:45 and stretched and chatted about our ailments from last weeks 18.  Ultimately i felt pretty good from last weeks fun.  No achey muscles really, no joint pains.  Just Elvis--shocker!  I'm sure he'll be with me for the marathon so i just need to get used to it!
We started at the fishing club and ran north to the end of Bradley beach and then turned around south.  We started out a little on the conservative side for pace, but still faster than we had been.  There is something about knowing you are "only" going 10 miles.  We turned around at the end of Bradley and were feeling awesome.  Granted, we were only about 1.5 miles in.  So we just kept running and were conscious of keeping our pace a bit quicker than we had.  This run was supposed to be at PMP (predicted marathon pace) but we ran much faster than that.  Good or bad idea???
We got to mile 5--SNAAAACK time!!!  We only had one snack time today, and my snack choice was GU--Mandarin Orange Flavor.  I didn't have a whole lot of choices in the cabinet to go with, so that was it.  I did carry it intimately close to me again so it was body temperature which helps with the texture a LOT!  And the flavor was pretty good actually.  Might be one of my snacks during the actual marathon!
The whole way south after the turn around, my intestines were a little grumbly.  I am not sure if its because i KNOW i can stop at my top secret location.  I ate the same thing i had eaten the last two Sundays we ran.  But again, this Saturday run, i had to stop.  Something about the Saturday after snap run that kills me!  Danny stopped with me and Moe and Mike kept on going.  We told them we would catch up!  So, when i got done in the bathroom (ahhh felt so much better), we made like a bread truck and hauled buns!  We raaaaan and raaaaan faster than we ever had before.  Danny and i were moving at about 8:30's to catch them.  Unfortunately for us, they also picked up their pace so it took us a few miles to catch up with them!  Danny and I ran at 8:30's for 3 MILES!!  Whaaat?!?  At 8 miles (or a little before) in we caught up with Mike and Moe and we ran it into the end of the run together the 4 of us.  We have joked a lot about the .2 at the end of the race, so today again we ran 10.2.  Its not about the 26 miles you run, its about if you can run the .2 or not!  After we finished, we saw that our average moving pace was 9:15's!!!  So proud of us!
After this week (and last week) i really am feeling more and more ready for the marathon (FOUR WEEKS AWAY!!!)  I have already decided on my outfit.  I got my new sneaks to break in.  I have figured out my snacks for snack time.  I have my water management under control.  I'm ready!!!  I just need to continue to work on my diet and stomach so that i won't have to stop during the run.  However, during 10 miles you have time to think.  And i decided, if i go have the need to go during the race, I'm just going to stop.  The 3 minutes its going to take will save me so much agony and discomfort and i will be able to finish the race in a good way!

Today, i used as a rest day.  Got to sleep in and relax which was so nice, i stretched out, and i really feel great!  Tomorrow i am doing an cross train day, and then Tuesday is sprints. 

No comments:

Post a Comment