1.23.2011

Whats your Gu??

The day after the long run is one that could really go either way.  A.)  You could wake up and get outta bed and collapse on the floor in a heap over sore joints, muscles, pains etc.  or B.)  You could wake up and get outta bed and feel like a million bucks and wonder why on earth you had so many problems yesterday but feel pretty darn okay today. 

I chose option B.

Ugh, why does this happen to me?  I struggle the last few miles to get it done, but the next day i am fine.  No pain, no injury, no sore muscles, nothing.  I am trying to look back at yesterdays run and really change a lot of things for this weekends 12-er.  Ha, only 12 how easy!  :::::That was a joke::::

Thank you everyone for the suggestions on things to eat before and during my run.  I will certainly be putting them into use!  Gummy snacks, peanut butter on bagels, various delicious sounding Gu flavors, and stomach pills..all things i am going to have to consider.  I am looking forward to this long run because I'm curious how some of these changes are going to work for me.  I will be down in the dumps if i end up like i was yesterday.  But NO, i will not allow myself those thoughts..Learn from yesterday and look forward to tomorrow.  Hopefully Elvis will not tag along for tomorrow's interval work out and is taking a break from being a pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment