3.14.2011

i think i'm hungover...

So Friday i did an elliptical light work out..just wanted to stretch and get ready for the long run on Saturday.  Although I'd say that my dinner Friday night was a better prep for the long run.  Talk about carbo load!!  I had cheese raviolis (like 10 of them!!) and about a whole loaf of bread and butter (just by myself).  It was so gloriously delicious i can't even describe it!

Saturday morning i woke up around 7am to get my body going before meeting at 9am for running.  I wanted to try to jump start the GI track and be able to go to the bathroom before i had to run 20 miles.  Then i had Cheerios for breakfast because that's all we had :-(.  Not even a banana!  Sheesh!  After i was done, it was back to the bathroom to make sure alllllll was good in there.  I left the house at 830 to get to the fishing club at 9am to meet Danny and Mike for the run.  Since Moe did 20 last week, she was only doing the assigned 13 mile run.
With my snacks in my pocket and my running guys by my side, we trekked north to the end of Asbury Park (well a little past there) for 3.5 miles.  We turned around and headed back 3.5 to the car to pick up Moe.  It was a bit windy out of the west, which was MUCH easier to deal with than last weeks torture! 
So after our 7 mile "warm-up" we were back to the car and picked up Moe and turned back around and ran the same path as before.  Its so great running all 4 of us and staying together because its more motivating and we can all talk/laugh/share stories. 
We got back to the cars and we were 14 miles into the run.  Knowing i still had 6 more to go was rather intimidating.  Mike and i rationed it to be a 7 mile warm-up run, then a 10 mile run, and then a 3 mile cool down.  So by the time we got back to the car at 14 miles, we only had 3 more miles to go before we started our 3 mile cool down.  But at 17 miles, half way through spring lake, at the turn around, i was really starting to get tired.  That's not a good thing--because your brain really starts to analyze how DUMB running 20 miles is!  Lets not even get into the whole running a marathon concept!
So, i dragged my sorry butt the last 3 miles back to the car and was sooooo happy to be done.  Done is my favorite :-).  We stretched and moaned and stretched and groaned and whined and complained and really just thought we would fall apart.  I do believe at one point i was laying on the boardwalk curled up in a ball--yes this is my life!  Then i got up and had to walk a little to my car.  I knew that would be a veeeery long drive back to Marlboro.
During the run i must have drank the equivalent of 4 water bottles at least during the run.  Then on the drive back i had another one.  There was NO quenching my thirst today, water never ever ever tasted so good to me!  When i got back to Marlboro i got out of the car to walk into the house (barefoot because i had to take those shoes off after running 3 hrs and 25 mins in them!).  After sitting in the car for that half hour, and then getting up, i was literally walking like i was drunk.  I HAD A RUNNING HANG OVER!  I was so thirsty, i had a headache, i was walking into walls, i felt nauseous but i was hungry, i couldn't get up the stairs, and i flopped on the bed with my clothes still on!  It was bad!  If i had a running hang over after 20 miles, i can't even imagine what 26.2 is going to be like.  I'll probably hallucinate or fall over at some point!

So sunday i rested.  I didn't have time for a gym work out anyway.  We lost an hour of sleep and i had to be up early--so i rested.  I loved it!
Then monday i cross trained on the elliptical.  I had Erin and Kristine next to me, fastest 50 minutes i've even worked out!!

Tomorrow is IW's.  Its 1K sprints of some variety i do think.  Will fill in about that tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment