3.10.2011

uhh, how many was that?! i lost count!

Tuesday was my first day back at the gym in a looooong time!  And how lucky--SPRINTS :-)  It was 6 X 800m with 1:30 rest intervals.  I was thinking it wasn't going to be "so bad" because its only sprinting half a mile.  I have now decided that half a mile is far!  Thankfully, this whole ordeal didn't take too long so it wasn't dragging out at least.  And i had Erin next to me, and while we both had our headphones in, its still just better having a friend with you when your there. 
Thoughts about the run--i bet people think i have a weird running stature.  I know that 6 sets isn't a lot, but i use my fingers to count so i don't forget how many i did.  The last thing i want is to do more than i was supposed to!!  So i run holding my fingers out to keep track of each sprint.  It looks funny to me, so i'm sure to others its even worse!! 
Also, no ThunderFoot sightings in a looong time--i don't miss her or anything, but i just am wondering what happened to her!

Wednesday i went to Wall WOW for a little cross train action.  I question how much i really actually did for myself since i got there, did 45 minutes on the elliptical and then turned around and left the gym.  Ha!  I did get a rock star front row parking spot so that gym visit wasn't a total waste!

Thursday i went to Wall WOW again for my tempo run.  I was hoping for another "That was easy" moment after i was done running---uhh yeaaaah not so much!  I will certainly say that it wasn't quite like running downhill like the last time i was there--and i was on the same treadmill.  I had small victories today though.  I was able to run the whole thing :-) in under an hour which is all you can set the tread for :-) :-) and i barely stalked my distance to see how much till i was finished :-) :-) :-)!!  For me, all good things!  I again think that it was due to my headphones that i was able to feel as good as i did about the run.  I am pretty much a quiet treadmill-er and don't slam my feet or make too much noise, but with the noise canceling headphones you can't hear other people's noises, and you can't hear your own breathing, and it allows you to just get absorbed into the TV show your watching or the song your listening too.  Today was an E! special--Christina Aguleria--i enjoyed it!

With a little over two weeks until the Marathon there are a few things i need to iron out.  I need to wear my marathon pants for a trial run--which is pretty much going to make me look like a freak on the boardwalk or on the treadmill.  They are "interestingly patterned" to say the least.  I am not sure i want to reveal on the blog quite yet.  Also i need to get some type of shirt made up and i need to do it soon--because time is going by fast!  I can't believe its two weeks!  So crazy!  I'm excited for it to be here, and to celebrate after its over!!

No comments:

Post a Comment